Saturday, February 7, 2015

From the Top...

Kyle and I met in high school. We both went to Mount Si High School in Snoqualmie WA. I had transferred schools from Eastlake High School, which is in Sammamish WA, halfway through my junior year. Kyle and I had a weight training class together and we bonded as he taught me how to properly lift weights. It was almost instantaneous feelings. At that point in my life I was really into being healthy and working out not only for myself but because my body was getting to the point where the exercises in my dance class were too easy for me and I barely broke a sweat.

Anyway, just soon after we met we started dating and like any high school relationship it was over two weeks later. We started having less and less interaction between us as graduation approached. We graduated in 2006. He went off to Central Washington University and I stayed in Washington and contact was minimal through the years. In the summer of 2013 I contacted him via Facebook. He was back from Central Washington University and we started spending time together. It was like we were never apart.

In late February of 2014 I started to notice changes....



Let the Games Begin...

After a long day of work I came home at 2 o'clock in the morning. I took a dip in the hot tub to wind down from my day and work out the stress knots in my upper back. Keep in mind I usually spent about 40 minutes in the hot tub. Except this night it was a little different.

I got comfortable in my usual spot in the hot tub when almost instantly I felt dizzy and light headed. I tried to shake it off and stay in the hot tub but I was unable to stay in longer than 5 minutes. I started saying "well I haven't had a whole lot of food or water today so that is probably what it is." But I remembered the big 36 oz water bottle that I carried with me at work. I ran through my check list.

Did I take my multivitamins for the day? ...Yes...
Have I eaten in the last 3-4 hours? ...Yes...
Have I had any water in the last hour? ...Yes...

Finally chalking it up to just being tired I decided to go upstairs take a shower to get all the chlorine off my skin before I went to bed. As I walked upstairs I tired to remember when my last period was. I calculated and I realized I was almost 4 weeks late. Frantically, I rummaged through my bathroom for a pregnancy test. I took it and while waiting the LONG 2 minutes I decided to climb into the shower. I finished my shower 10 minutes later, climbed out and looked at the results. All sorts of emotions went through me....




I'm WHAT?!


Feeling faint I sat down on the closed toilet took a few minutes to calm myself and called Kyle. I showed him the results and he reacted the same way but he recovered emotionally quicker than I did, knelt down in front of me, looked me in the eye and said "I'm not going anywhere. I promise." I went to the doctor later that week and the doctor said that I was about five weeks pregnant. Dealing with morning sickness, as most of you know, is difficult to handle and cope with.




Remedies and Advice:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a licensed physician. These are methods that I have tried after consulting my doctor and talking to the women in my life to find some relief. These are just my suggested remedies that worked for me for my first two months of pregnancy.


I struggled with morning sickness up until my 15th week of pregnancy. Here is a list of things I tried:

1. Keep a Pack of Saltine Crackers Next to Your Bed: I found that doing this is it keeps me from running to the bathroom every morning and keeps the need to vomit to a manageable level.

2. TAKE YOUR PRENATALS WITH FOOD: I  stress this because there were a few mornings where I didn't eat anything and took my prenatals as I was running out the door to work. I always ended up getting sick.

3. Buy acupressure wrist bands: You can find them at Bartells, Target, Walmart and Safeway. They are only $5 and they were a god send to me while I was at work. They helped manage my morning sickness so that I could still focus on work.

4. WATER, WATER, WATER: Drink your water but don't drink TOO much water is harmful to your baby.

5: Have Healthy Snacks with You at ALL TIMES: I found that carrying a pack of saltines, carrots, celery, string cheese, fruit and protein bars restricted my morning sickness to just the morning hours. Through out my day I still hand waves of nausea but no vomiting. Make sure to eat a little every hour. Keeping food IN the stomach is key.

Thank you for visiting my blog. If you have any other questions on tips and tricks or just have a response to today's blog please email me at ferguson.sabrina15@gmail.com and I'll be more than happy to help and respond to the feedback.

Thanks again and Until Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment