Saturday, February 14, 2015

Does Little One Have an Upset Stomach?

A lot of my friends have come to me and asked me if my daughter Elizabeth has had any issues with constipation. My daughter had a bad case. What my pediatrician suggested to me worked after a few days of doing it.

Disclaimer: I am not a pediatrician. These techniques don't happen instantaneously. These will take a day or two to work.

1. Give your baby warm baths- The warm water will calm the stomach and loosen up her bowels.
2. Give two oz of pear juice undiluted. Please consult your pediatrician to make sure that your baby is old enough to have the juice.
3. Rectal Stimulation. Take a cotton swab and put lubrication on one end. Stick just the cotton part in the baby's rectum and move it in a circular motion for about a minute.  Repeat once an hour or as often as you change your baby's diaper.
4. Move your baby's legs in a bicycle movement. It will help the baby push the bowel movements down.

Thank you for reading my blog.

Until Tomorrow Then!

No comments:

Post a Comment