Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Tuesday Tips: Games and Dinner Ideas






Happy Tuesday to my readers!

Family is so important to me. I grew up in a big family. I am the third oldest of six kids. There were times, I'll admit, that we all didn't get along. Fighting over where the line is splitting the room in half would be, fighting over who's turn it was to play on the Nintendo, who's turn it was in the bathroom, all the way down to who's turn it was to use the car on Friday nights. My parents came up with some genius ideas about keeping the peace between all of us and that was 'monday nights'.  The reason for the quotation marks is due to the fact that all of us would have very different schedules on monday nights so our family nights would be friday nights. When everyone came home from their friday night obligations my mom and dad planned time for t.v. and games with our choices of our favorite munchies (as my family calls them) for dessert. My mom or dad would go around to each child and ask what they wanted, bring them all home and we would share them. Our munchies ranged from ice cream, to mini chocolate doughnuts, I had two favorite munchies and they are oreo cookies and the mini chocolate doughnuts.

Some of my favorite family night memories are:

1. Sitting down at the dinner table while dad and mom took turns reading aloud from a book. Then after dinner we mom would serve dessert while dad continued to read. We all sat in silence listening to our parents. We all loved it. After dessert we would all pitch in to clean the kitchen them we would all agree on a game and play until all hours of the night.

2. Having an Indoor Picnic. My parents would order pizza, grab paper plates and cups and lay a sheet down on the floor and watch either our favorite t.v. show during that time or watch movies into the night. We would have marathons. Our favorite series are White Collar, Stargate SG-1,  Stargate Atlantis, Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. Or if we wanted to watch movies for marathons we would pick the classics. Those are The original Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings,  or watch the classic Disney movies.

Other Ideas for Family Outings:

1. Aquarium
2. Park - My siblings and I loved to go play flashlight tag at the park after dark.

*Rules of Flashlight Tag: Just as it sounds. It is a game of hide-and-go-seek in the dark.
A- Make sure to set boundries for people to hide.
B- Person that is seeking stands in the middle of the field or area and moves in slow circles or can actually go find people with their flashlight.
C- If the flashlight falls on a person they are out and stands in the middle of the designated area.
D-Last person standing is it. 'Rinse and Repeat' the rules.

3. Art Museums
4. Community Activities
5. Historical Tours. I have lived in Washington State for 14 years now and last year I took my husband on Seattle's Underground Tour last year for his birthday. It was so much fun. It was a little intimidating being underground in such an old area but it was so much fun. It was both of our first time going and he has lived in Washington State longer than I have.

Dinner Ideas: My favorites are:

1. My mothers homemade lasagna
2. My dad's homemade wonton soup
3. Asian Styled Fondue
4. Italian Styled Fondue
5. My Family's Homemade Southern Feast: Garlic Mashed Potatos, Mouth-watering Steaks, Green-bean Casserole or fresh garden salad then finished with a decadent bowl of ice cream.

Hope this is helpful for all of you. If you want to know the recipes or how-to's for these dishes please email me at ferguson.sabrina15@gmail.com or comment on my forum page which is located on the right hand side of my blog under "Pages"

Until Tomorrow Then!

No comments:

Post a Comment